6 Thanksgiving Gift Wrapping Ideas
With the holiday season just around the corner, we begin looking for new, exciting and fun ideas for wrapping gifts. With a little bit of imagination and creativity, you can create all kinds of personalized and unique Thanksgiving stamped wrapped gifts for friends and family.
Personalized Gift Wrap
One of the easiest ways to give that personal spin to gifts is to use stamps. You can purchase custom made stamps that will last for years. Depending on the number of gifts, you may want to purchase several different stamps. You can also purchase stamp pads in a wide range of colors. Additionally, you will need a roll of plain white butcher paper or paper grocery bags.
Cut a piece of paper to the size you need for your gift, take your stamp and press it into the ink pad and then transfer the image onto the paper. If you are using paper grocery bags, you need to use the unmarked side of the paper.
You can add variety to your personalized gift wrap by using different colors and different stamps. Lay the paper on a flat surface to let the ink dry and wrap gifts with your own personalized wrapping paper.
Another novel method of wrapping Thanksgiving gifts only requires plain butcher paper, a bit of thread, a needle and a template.
• Cut out of a piece of butcher paper to fit the size of the gift item and then fold it in half.
• Using a marker, draw an outline of the template and then cut out the image. You should have two pieces of paper in the shape of your template
• For a little extra pizzaz, add colored stamp images or written messages to the paper before you sew the sides together.
• Thread the needle and sew the sides of the paper together, approximately one quarter inch in from the outside edge of the paper.
• Leave an opening large enough to tuck the gift inside.
• Sew the rest of the package closed.
Patterned Duct Tape
Today, duct tape is available in all kinds of colors and patterns and can be used to jazz up your Thanksgiving gift. You can find patterned and colored duct tape at many home improvement stores and retail stores with home improvement departments.
• Place the gift item in a plain white box.
• Choose several different colors and patterns and use them to wrap the box, alternating tapes.
• To add a little bit of extra interest, wrap the box with paper string or ribbon.
One way to really personalize Thanksgiving gifts is to write your own chalk messages on gifts. You can purchase black butcher paper from a local craft store and use it as the base paper. Using a variety of chalk colors, you can decorate the paper for each gift with personal messages and sayings.
Sometimes, wrapping materials can be found by taking a walk outside. Look for pretty fall leaves, pine cones, sprigs of pine needles or sprigs of boxwood. Using burlap, butcher paper, brown paper or cotton material, you can easily add a simple cotton ribbon and tuck your natural material under the ribbon. All together, this creates a pretty autumn presentation for any Thanksgiving gift.
Gingerbread cookies are a traditional holiday treat. Since gingerbread dough is fairly strong, it also makes a great addition to holiday packaging.
Use cookie cutters shaped like turkeys, acorns, pumpkins and other Thanksgiving images and make your favorite gingerbread cookie. Before putting them in the oven poke one or two holes large enough to thread ribbon through the hole.
When you wrap the gift with your favorite paper, take a piece of ribbon and thread the ribbon through the holes you placed in the cookies and anchor them to the package. You can use this method with any type of strong, stiff cookies.